Friday, September 19, 2008

Politics... Blech.

One thing I strongly dislike is politics. Just the word 'politics' gives me the shivers. I do not like how the presidential candidates treat each other, nor do I like to see the country so divided in something so important as the next president.
I read an article online today, about how the whole presidential campaign between Obama and McCain has been degenerating. They are always telling lies about each other. They try to find the worse in each other and emphasize that. They try to make big deals over the tiniest thing, and leave many more important things unsaid. The article says: "There are real issues in this campaign, some of which don't get talked about much, such as the coming entitlements crisis, and some of which get addressed in ludicrous terms, such as the energy crisis and Obama saying he can make us energy independent in 10 years. That's an impossibility short of miracle discoveries no one can now foresee." I think the candidates should get over themselves and start doing what they are supposed to. I don’t even know who I am going to vote for. I guess this is something I should really look into. I really just don’t like either Obama or McCain. McCain is too old, and Obama is too democratic.

1 comment:

Ms. D said...

sometimes it can be depressing. hopefully during this semester you will see ways in which you can do small things to make things better.