Saturday, September 13, 2008

Music 1

Like I said in my first post, I am very passionate about music. I love to sing. I often break out into random bursts of song. I like to sing in the shower, while I am cleaning, while I am doing homework, when I am bored, when I am shopping. Pretty much all the time. I love singing in small groups, and I think it would be way fun to get a group together and just sing around a piano somewhere.

I started taking piano lessons when I was 6 years old. I only took them for a few years, but I continue to teach myself songs. I started taking band in the sixth grade. I was the second chair clarinet that year. I decided I wanted to take up the clarinet because both my mom and my grandma played clarinet in high school. I even used the same exact instrument they used. I took band off and on since then. I love being a part of band, participating in making a beautiful noise.

More than band, I enjoyed choir. I decided to try out for philharmonic choir (girls had to audition, boys did not) my sophomore year. I had fun singing as a second soprano. The next two years I advanced into the top choirs. I met two of my best friends in choir, and we had so much fun singing together and goofing off together. Junior year, we went as a choir to San Francisco, and I had perhaps the most fun of my life there.

This first semester I am in University Chorale, and it is such a blast!



No comments: