Tuesday, September 30, 2008

College is hard

I knew that college was going to be hard. But I had absolutely no idea how hard it really would be. the first few weeks were such a blast! Staying up late, doing little homework, having such a grand time. It isn't that way anymore. I have never felt more alone and on my own than I do now. I forgot how hard it is to make lasting friendships. I never knew what it was like to be without family. I have never done so much homework in one day than I have had to do here. I am quickly learning that life really isn't a fairy tale and that I need to wake up and face the real day.
Homework really sucks. Especially when I have no idea how to do it. And I don't know who to go to for help. It feels like I am alone in a huge, new world. I feel so lost.
I guess all I can do is plaster a smile on my face and pretend to know what I am doing.

1 comment:

emi. said...

mal, keep going. you're doing just fine. just remember the good you are doing with your deer paper.